Santa Ana Zoo
MVP Accident Attorneys is the place to go if you've been in a personal injury accident and need thorough legal help. The firm is dedicated to assisting clients who have suffered personal injuries in seeking justice and adequate compensation. They offer expert advice and robust representation, prioritizing the client's rights and interests throughout the legal process.
Injured in a car crash?
Visit our Santa Ana car accident page
Have a personal injury case?
Visit our Santa Ana personal injury page
An Overview of the Santa Ana Zoo
The Santa Ana Zoo, nestled in the heart of Santa Ana, California, is a cherished local attraction that offers an intimate encounter with nature and its creatures. Covering a sprawling 20-acre area, the zoo, which opened its doors to the public in 1952, predominantly showcases animals and plants from Central and South America. On average, the zoo welcomes over 270,000 visitors annually, providing an engaging and educational platform for wildlife enthusiasts of all ages.
Operated by the City of Santa Ana, the Santa Ana Zoo owes its existence to Joseph Prentice, who donated the land on the condition that at least 50 monkeys are always present in the zoo. The zoo hosts a variety of exhibits and rides, catering to a diverse audience and promising a fun-filled family day out.
Key Amenities at the Santa Ana Zoo
- Zoofari Express Train Ride: This popular ride offers visitors a delightful tour of the zoo, giving an overview of the various exhibits and animals.
- Conservation Carousel: An enchanting ride that not only entertains children but also educates them about endangered species.
- 50 Monkey Ferris Wheel: This unique Ferris wheel is a tribute to the founder's requirement of keeping 50 monkeys at the zoo at all times. It provides a panoramic view of the zoo and surrounding areas.
- Crean Family Farm: A place where children can get close to farm animals and learn about them.
- Free Parking: A convenient feature, making the zoo visit hassle-free for families with vehicles.
What You Will See When You Visit the Santa Ana Zoo
- Central and South American Animals: You'll see a diverse array of animals from Central and South America, including Golden Headed Lion Tamarins.
- Exhibits: The zoo hosts a number of exhibits, such as Tierra de las Pampas, Rainforest Exhibit, Amazon's Edge, Colors of the Amazon Aviary, and more.
- Endangered Species: The Santa Ana Zoo is home to several endangered species, providing an opportunity to see and learn about these rare animals.
- Educational Programs: The zoo conducts numerous educational programs, including Critters for Conservation at the Conservation Education Theater.
- Monkeys: True to its founder's wishes, the zoo maintains a collection of at least 50 monkeys at all times.
Why Should You Visit the Santa Ana Zoo?
The Santa Ana Zoo presents an excellent opportunity to engage with and learn about diverse animal species, particularly those from Central and South America. It is an educational and recreational destination suitable for visitors of all ages. Whether it's the entertaining rides, the fascinating animal exhibits, or the educational programs, the zoo provides a wholesome experience that melds fun and learning seamlessly.
Moreover, the zoo's commitment to primate conservation sets it apart. Its active role in preserving endangered species, alongside providing the public with valuable learning opportunities about these animals, makes it an important institution for wildlife conservation. Your visit not only promises a day of adventure and discovery but also supports the zoo's meaningful conservation work.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Santa Ana Zoo
What are the operating hours of the Santa Ana Zoo?
Except for Christmas, New Year's, and Thanksgiving, the zoo is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What is the admission fee for the Santa Ana Zoo?
The admission prices range from $9 to $12, with free entry for members and Santa Ana residents on the third Sunday of each month.
What animals can I see at the Santa Ana Zoo?
The Santa Ana Zoo is home to over 80 species of animals, including various monkeys, Golden Headed Lion Tamarins, and several endangered species.
Does the Santa Ana Zoo have any special events?
Yes, the zoo organizes events such as Free Resident Days and Summer Movies in the Park Series. More details can be found on the zoo's official website.
Is the Santa Ana Zoo accessible for wheelchairs?
Yes, the entire zoo is wheelchair-accessible, and wheelchairs are available for rent.
A visit to the Santa Ana Zoo promises an enlightening and exciting day out for individuals and families alike. As you plan your trip, ensure you prioritize your safety to avoid any unfortunate incidents. However, should you experience a personal injury during your visit, remember MVP Accident Attorneys, who are always ready to provide comprehensive legal assistance.
Santa Ana Zoo Address: 1801 E Chestnut Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92701, United States
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law