MVP Accident Attorneys is here to assist you if you require personal injury legal assistance. They provide incomparable legal services to their clients through their expertise and dedication. Their attorneys can help you navigate the legal system and receive the reimbursement you deserve.
Injured in a car crash?
Visit our Long Beach car accident page
Have a personal injury case?
Visit our Long Beach personal injury page
An Overview of Zaferia
Zaferia is an eastern neighborhood nestled in the heart of Long Beach, California, encompassing the area surrounding Anaheim Street and Redondo Avenue. Originally founded as a small town, Zaferia had its own Pacific Electric Railway station named "Zaferia" and a thriving community with businesses and a newspaper as early as 1913. In 1920, the neighborhood was annexed by Long Beach, becoming an integral part of the city's diverse landscape.
This densely urban neighborhood boasts a rich history and a vibrant atmosphere. With its well-established housing stock, Zaferia offers a mix of small to medium-sized apartment complexes, high-rise apartments, and single-family homes. The area has a high percentage of renters, making it an attractive location for individuals seeking rental properties. The neighborhood's housing stock primarily dates back to the period between 1940 and 1969, giving it a unique architectural charm.
Zaferia is known for its dense population and is home to approximately 15,818 residents. The neighborhood attracts families and young professionals alike, thanks to its diverse community and highly rated public schools. The neighborhood's public schools provide an excellent education for the younger generation.
Key Attractions in Zaferia
- Plaza Zaferia: Located at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Redondo Avenue, Plaza Zaferia is a park where residents and visitors can unwind and enjoy pleasant surroundings.
- Abundance of Restaurants: Zaferia boasts a plethora of restaurants offering diverse cuisine options. From local favorites to international flavors, food enthusiasts will find themselves spoiled for choice.
- Coffee Shops: Coffee lovers will be delighted to discover the numerous coffee shops scattered throughout the neighborhood. Whether you prefer a cozy atmosphere or a bustling café, there's something for everyone.
- Parks: Zaferia offers several parks where residents can enjoy outdoor activities, picnics, and leisurely strolls. These green spaces provide a refreshing escape from the urban environment.
- Historic Establishments: The neighborhood is home to historic establishments that showcase its rich past. These landmarks provide a glimpse into the area's heritage and add to its unique charm.
Statistics About Zaferia
- Population: Zaferia has a population of approximately 15,818 residents.
- Housing: The median real estate price in Zaferia is $760,831, which is higher than the majority of neighborhoods in California and the United States. The area mainly consists of small to medium-sized apartment complexes, high-rise apartments, and single-family homes.
- Cost of Living: The average rental price in Zaferia is $2,425, which is lower than many other neighborhoods in California. This affordability makes Zaferia an attractive option for those seeking rental properties.
- Income Level: Zaferia is considered a low-income neighborhood, with a poverty rate higher than most U.S. neighborhoods.
- Employment: Sales and service jobs dominate the occupational landscape in Zaferia, followed by manufacturing and laborer occupations.
- Language: The neighborhood's most common language is Spanish, reflecting its multicultural character and diverse community.
Frequently Asked Questions About Zaferia
What types of housing are available in Zaferia?
Zaferia offers a mix of small to medium-sized apartment complexes, high-rise apartments, and single-family homes. The area has a high percentage of rental properties, making it an appealing choice for renters.
Is Zaferia a safe neighborhood?
Zaferia receives a good safety rating, making it a suitable neighborhood for families and individuals. However, it's always advisable to take standard safety precautions and stay informed about the local environment.
What are the primary attractions in Zaferia?
Zaferia is renowned for its abundance of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. It offers a diverse range of culinary experiences, making it a haven for food enthusiasts. The neighborhood also boasts attractive green spaces for relaxation and recreation.
Are the schools in Zaferia well-rated?
Yes, the public schools in Zaferia are highly rated, attracting families seeking quality education for their children.
What is transportation like in Zaferia?
The majority of residents in Zaferia commute by car. However, there is a notable number of individuals who utilize bus transportation for their daily commute.
Zaferia, a vibrant neighborhood in Long Beach, California, offers a unique living experience with its rich history, diverse community, and an array of attractions. From its inviting parks and restaurants to its well-rated public schools, Zaferia has something for everyone. If you ever find yourself in need of legal assistance for personal injury cases, remember that MVP Accident Attorneys is here to support you throughout the legal process.
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law