Old Lakewood City
MVP Accident Attorneys is a renowned personal injury law firm that offers exceptional legal services to clients. Specializing in personal injury cases, MVP Accident Attorneys has established a reputation for providing top-tier expert legal representation and advocating for the rights of their clients. With a wealthy track record and a team of experienced attorneys, MVP Accident Attorneys is dedicated to helping folks receive the reimbursement they deserve.
Injured in a car crash?
Visit our Long Beach car accident page
Have a personal injury case?
Visit our Long Beach personal injury page
An Overview of Old Lakewood City
Old Lakewood City is a charming neighborhood nestled in Long Beach, California. This suburban community is characterized by its medium-sized to small single-family homes and apartments, creating a welcoming and family-friendly atmosphere. The neighborhood's rich history and distinctive architecture contribute to its unique appeal.
Originally part of the Rancho Los Cerritos land, Old Lakewood City was acquired by the Clark brothers in the late 19th century. The land was used for farming and eventually transformed into the Montana Ranch in the early 1900s. Plans for suburban development emerged in the 1930s, and the area was named Lakewood due to the presence of Bouton Lake.
During World War II, Old Lakewood City experienced significant changes with the establishment of a defense plant by the Douglas Aircraft Company. In 1949, the land was purchased for planned development, leading to the construction of new homes and the establishment of a thriving community.
Old Lakewood City features a variety of architectural styles, predominantly reflecting the era when the majority of homes were constructed between 1940 and 1969. This blend of architectural designs contributes to the neighborhood's unique character and visual appeal.
The community's prime location provides residents with convenient access to major freeways, making commuting and exploring the surrounding areas effortless. Old Lakewood City also boasts a range of amenities, including the Village Shoppes, a vibrant shopping area with numerous businesses, restaurants, and services.
Key Attractions in Old Lakewood City
- Heartwell Park: Situated in close proximity to Old Lakewood City, Heartwell Park offers a serene escape for residents and visitors alike. The park features beautiful green spaces, picnic areas, a fishing pond, and a playground, making it an ideal destination for families and nature enthusiasts.
- Long Beach City College Veteran's Memorial Stadium: Sports enthusiasts can enjoy exciting games and events at the Long Beach City College Veteran's Memorial Stadium. Whether it's cheering for the local teams or attending community events, the stadium provides a lively and engaging atmosphere.
- The Plaza: Located nearby, The Plaza is a popular shopping center that offers a wide range of retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. Residents of Old Lakewood City have easy access to a diverse selection of amazing shops and restaurants.
- Lakewood Village: Old Lakewood City is adjacent to Lakewood Village, a neighboring community with its own unique charm. Residents can explore Lakewood Village and discover additional shopping opportunities, restaurants, and services.
- El Dorado Park North: Nature lovers will appreciate the proximity of El Dorado Park North, which offers beautiful green spaces, walking trails, picnic areas, and recreational activities. The park provides a tranquil environment for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy nature and unwind.
Statistics about Old Lakewood City
- Housing: Old Lakewood City consists primarily of medium-sized to small single-family homes and apartments, with the majority built between 1940 and 1969. The neighborhood showcases architectural styles from that era, contributing to its distinct look and feel.
- Cost of Living: Old Lakewood City's real estate prices are higher than most neighborhoods in California and the United States, with a median home price of $872,982. The average rental cost in the neighborhood is also above average compared to other areas in California.
- Income Level: Old Lakewood City exhibits a higher income level compared to many other neighborhoods in America. Executive and professional occupations employ a sizable proportion of the population.
- Employment Rates: Information regarding employment rates in Old Lakewood City was not available in the search results. However, the neighborhood's proximity to major employment hubs in the Los Angeles area provides residents with diverse job opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions about Old Lakewood City
Are there good public schools in Old Lakewood City?
Yes, Old Lakewood City is known for its good public schools. The neighborhood is served by the Long Beach Unified School District, which maintains a reputation for providing quality education to students.
Is Old Lakewood City a family-friendly neighborhood?
Absolutely! Old Lakewood City is considered a family-friendly neighborhood with a high proportion of families with school-aged children. The area offers a safe and welcoming environment for families to thrive.
What is the ethnic diversity of Old Lakewood City?
Old Lakewood City is known for its diversity, with residents of various ethnic backgrounds. The dominant ethnicities in the neighborhood include Mexican, German, Irish, and English, contributing to a vibrant and multicultural community.
What are the primary languages spoken in Old Lakewood City?
The primary language spoken in Old Lakewood City is English, followed by Spanish and Polish. The linguistic diversity adds to the cultural richness of the community.
Are there any private schools in Old Lakewood City?
Yes, there are several private schools in the area catering to various grade levels. Families in Old Lakewood City have the option to choose from a range of educational institutions to meet their needs.
Old Lakewood City is a captivating neighborhood characterized by its historical significance, unique architectural styles, and family-friendly atmosphere. With a rich array of amenities, including parks, shopping centers, and recreational facilities, residents of Old Lakewood City enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle.
The higher income level, diverse population, and good public schools all contribute to the neighborhood's desirability. MVP Accident Attorneys is a reputable law firm ready to provide expert legal representation and support in personal injury claims if you find yourself in need of legal assistance.
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law