MVP Accident Attorneys is a prominent personal injury law firm that offers exceptional legal services to clients in Long Beach, California. With a focus on personal injury cases, MVP Accident Attorneys is dedicated to advocating for the rights of injured individuals. Their experienced team of attorneys provides compassionate support and aggressive representation to help their clients obtain the compensation they deserve.
Injured in a car crash?
Visit our Long Beach car accident page
Have a personal injury case?
Visit our Long Beach personal injury page
An Overview of Eastside Neighborhood
The Eastside neighborhood in Long Beach, California, has two distinct meanings. The first meaning refers to an area that encompasses the eastern half of the city, excluding southern areas below Pacific Coast Highway/Atherton Street. This region is also known as East Long Beach. It stretches from the northern city limits to the eastern city limits, including regions east of the San Gabriel River and the 605 Freeway.
The western boundary is less defined, with different sources mentioning Lakewood Boulevard and the Long Beach Municipal Airport. The neighborhood includes parts of ZIP codes 90815, 90808, 90804, and 90803. It is adjacent to the Traffic Circle, California State University Long Beach, Lakewood, Hawaiian Gardens, Cypress, and Los Alamitos.
Eastside is a vibrant and diverse neighborhood known for its positive attributes. It offers residents a unique blend of urban and suburban living with a range of amenities, educational institutions, and recreational opportunities.
Key Attractions in Eastside
- California State University Long Beach: Eastside is home to California State University Long Beach (CSULB), a prestigious educational institution. The university provides opportunities for academic and personal growth, offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. CSULB's campus is known for its beautiful architecture and scenic surroundings.
- Long Beach City College: Another esteemed educational institution in Eastside is Long Beach City College. It serves as a hub for intellectual development and career advancement, offering a variety of associate degree and certificate programs. The college provides a supportive learning environment for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Stearns Park: Located in Eastside, Stearns Park is a popular recreational area that spans a significant portion of the neighborhood. Covering more than 500 acres, the park offers diverse outdoor activities such as picnicking, walking trails, sports fields, and playgrounds. It provides a serene and relaxing environment for residents to enjoy nature and engage in physical activities.
- El Dorado Regional Park: El Dorado Regional Park is another gem in the Eastside neighborhood. This expansive park spans over 500 acres and offers a host of recreational opportunities. Visitors can explore walking trails, have a picnic by the lake, enjoy fishing, play golf, or engage in various sports activities. The park also hosts community events and festivals throughout the year.
- El Dorado Nature Center: Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the serene beauty of the El Dorado Nature Center. This tranquil oasis within Eastside offers a 2-mile loop trail surrounded by natural habitats, including lakes, streams, and wetlands.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden: Situated on the Cal State Long Beach campus, the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden is a picturesque oasis of tranquility and beauty. This stunning garden features traditional Japanese architecture, serene koi ponds, and lush vegetation. It serves as a peaceful retreat for meditation, contemplation, and appreciation of Japanese aesthetics.
Key Statistics about Eastside Neighborhood
- Housing: The Eastside neighborhood offers diverse housing options, including single-family residences, apartments, and condominiums. The area's median home price is $765,000, with a variety of architectural styles available, including Spanish and California Bungalow. The neighborhood comprises predominantly single-family areas with desirable full-size lots.
- Population: The population of the Eastside neighborhood is approximately 31,369 residents. It offers a sparse urban feel, and the community is known for its ethnic and economic diversity. Families with children and individuals holding advanced degrees are prevalent in the area, contributing to its dynamic and vibrant atmosphere.
- Cost of Living: Eastside's cost of living is relatively higher compared to some neighboring areas. It is key to note, however, that living expenses vary depending on individual circumstances, lifestyle choices, and housing preferences.
- Income Level: The average household income in the Eastside neighborhood is diverse, with a wide range of income levels represented. Factors such as occupation, education, and industry influence individual and household incomes within the area.
- Employment Rates: Eastside provides various employment opportunities, both within the neighborhood and in nearby areas. The diverse economic landscape includes sectors such as education, healthcare, retail, hospitality, and professional services. Employment rates can fluctuate based on economic conditions and individual circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eastside Neighborhood
What makes the Eastside neighborhood unique?
The Eastside neighborhood stands out for its diverse range of amenities, educational institutions, and recreational spaces. Its positive attributes include a welcoming atmosphere, quality public schools, ethnic and economic diversity, and a range of housing options.
Are there good schools in Eastside?
A: Yes, Eastside is home to several highly-rated public schools, making it an attractive place for families. The presence of California State University Long Beach and Long Beach City College also contributes to the neighborhood's educational offerings.
What are the dining options in Eastside?
Eastside offers a diverse range of restaurants and coffee shops catering to various culinary preferences. Residents can explore a wide array of dining options, including local eateries, international cuisine, and popular chain restaurants.
What recreational activities are available in Eastside?
Eastside provides ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Stearns Park and El Dorado Regional Park offer a range of activities, such as walking trails, sports fields, and picnicking. The El Dorado Nature Center is ideal for nature lovers, while the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden offers a serene setting for relaxation.
With its positive attributes, welcoming atmosphere, and quality of life, Eastside is an attractive community to call home. If you ever need personal injury legal representation in the Long Beach area, MVP Accident Attorneys is a trustworthy and dedicated law firm ready to help.
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law