Hesperia Car Accident Lawyer
Table of contents:What Services Does MVP Offer?Do I Need to Hire a Hesperia Car Accident Attorney?When Should I Hire a Hesperia Car Accident Lawyer?Uber and Lyft Accident LawyersWhat Are the First Steps to Take After a Car Accident?What Types of Damages Will I Be Compensated for After An Automobile Accident in Hesperia, CA?What Are Common Injuries Suffered in Motor Vehicle Crashes?What Types of Evidence Should I Collect to Strengthen My Case?What is the Minimum Car Insurance Required By Law in California?What Are the 5 Most Dangerous Areas for Drivers in Hesperia, CA?2021 Hesperia Auto Accident StatisticsContact Us Today
What Services Does MVP Offer?
If you were injured in an auto accident that was caused by the negligence of another, working with a car accident lawyer can be invaluable. At MVP Accident Attorneys, our car accident lawyers will go above and beyond to build a strong case that will ensure you receive maximum compensation for your accident-related losses.
The car accident attorneys on our legal team handle a wide range of injury claims, including:
- Personal Injury
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
- Catastrophic injuries
- Dog bite incident
- Work accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Nursing home abuse
Do I Need to Hire a Hesperia Car Accident Attorney?
You are not required by law to hire a car accident lawyer, however, when you have a car accident attorney from MVP Accident Attorneys in your corner, they can handle every aspect of your case and ensure you recover the settlement you’re entitled to.
At MVP Accident Attorneys, our legal team can help by:
Investigating the Collision
A car accident lawyer on our legal team will conduct a detailed investigation of the accident and will:
- Gather evidence
- Reviewing the police report
- Interview witnesses
- Visit the crash site
- Collect any available surveillance footage or photographs
This investigation can help your attorney establish the cause of the accident and determine liability
Determining Which Party is Liable
Our skilled car accident attorneys will analyze the facts and circumstances surrounding the accident to determine who is at fault. In some cases, liability may rest solely on the negligent driver, while in others, multiple parties may share the responsibility.
Working with Experts
We collaborate with accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to establish liability. These experts use their expertise to recreate the accident, analyze factors such as vehicle damage, skid marks, and road conditions, and provide expert opinions on how the accident occurred.
Other experts we work with include:
- Medical professionals
- Occupational therapists
- Private investigators
- Life care planners
- Mechanical engineers
Accurately Valuing Your Claim
We will evaluate the full extent of your injuries and calculate the damages you may be entitled to. This includes considering medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
Negotiating for Maximum Compensation
Insurance companies are known for their tactics to minimize payouts and protect their profits. When dealing with insurance companies on your own, you may be faced with aggressive claims adjusters and pressure to accept a low settlement. However, with a car accident attorney at MVP Accident Attorneys by your side, you can level the playing field. Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with insurance adjusters. We are well-versed in the tactics insurance companies may try to use to undervalue or deny claims.
When Should I Hire a Hesperia Car Accident Lawyer?
While some accident victims may attempt to handle their insurance claims independently, there are specific circumstances where hiring a car accident lawyer is highly recommended.
You should hire a car accident lawyer if:
You Suffered Serious Injuries or Long-Term Disabilities
If your injuries are severe, requiring extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, or leaving you with long-term disabilities, you need legal representation to ensure you receive compensation to cover these expenses.
Liability is Unclear or Multiple Parties Involved
When liability is disputed, or there are multiple parties involved in the accident, it can complicate the claims process. Our car accident lawyers can investigate the accident thoroughly, determine fault, and identify all responsible parties.
The Insurance Company is Using Bad Faith Tactics
Insurance companies often employ tactics to minimize payouts or deny valid claims. Having an experienced car accident attorney by your side ensures you are protected from these bad faith practices.
There are Complex Legal Issues
Some car accidents involve complex legal issues, such as multiple insurance policies, commercial vehicles, government entities, or defective auto parts. Our attorneys have the knowledge and resources to navigate these complexities and ensure your rights are upheld.
Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Rideshare accidents can be very complex since multiple insurance policies can be involved and liability may be unclear. At MVP Accident Attorneys, we commonly handle rideshare accident claims for the following scenarios:
- Rideshare passengers injured in an accident due to a negligent rideshare driver
- Rideshare passengers injured due to a negligent motorist colliding with the rideshare vehicle
- Rideshare driver injured due to negligent driver
- Driver injured due to negligent rideshare driver
Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can conduct an investigation, review insurance policies, and determine whether the driver and rideshare company should share liability for your injuries and all accident-related expenses.
What Are the First Steps to Take After a Car Accident?
After an accident, it is crucial to prioritize your health and protect your legal rights. Following an auto accident in Moreno Valley, California, you should take the following steps:
- First, check yourself and any passengers in your vehicle for any injuries. If possible, move to a safe location away from traffic and turn on your hazard lights.
- Regardless of the severity of the accident, you should contact the police and file an accident report. The police report can serve as valuable evidence for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the other driver involved. Write down the names of witnesses, their contact information, and any other pertinent details about the accident, such as the location, time, and weather conditions.
- Take photographs or videos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, skid marks, and any other visible evidence. These photos can be crucial in establishing liability and supporting your claim
- Even if you don't believe you are seriously injured, it is essential to seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can worsen over time. An evaluation by a medical professional will also create a medical record linking your injuries to the accident.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case and learn about your legal rights and options. Speaking with a car accident lawyer early on can significantly increase your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve for all accident-related damages.
What Types of Damages Will I Be Compensated for After An Automobile Accident in Hesperia, CA?
Car accident victims may be entitled to various types of economic and non-economic damages, depending on the specific circumstances of the case.
These can include:
- Past and future medical expenses (hospital bills, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation), Lost wages (current and future earnings)
- Property damage (vehicle repair or replacement)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
At MVP Accident Attorneys, we understand the challenges and hardships you may face after a car accident. Our dedicated team of car accident lawyers in Hesperia, are committed to providing you with the highest level of legal representation and support throughout the entire process. We offer free consultations to discuss the details of your case, assess your legal options, and provide personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstances.
What Are Common Injuries Suffered in Motor Vehicle Crashes?
In auto accidents, victims can sustain a wide range of injuries, varying in severity depending on the circumstances of the accident. These injuries can have a significant impact on the victim's physical well-being, emotional state, and overall quality of life.
Common types of injuries that can occur in auto accidents include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Crush injuries
What Types of Evidence Should I Collect to Strengthen My Case?
During the moments following the collision, after you have spoken with law enforcement, you must obtain evidence at the scene of the accident to help prove liability and strengthen your car accident claim. Evidence can help your car accident lawyer prove the other driver should be held liable for your damages.
Evidence that can help prove liability can include:
- Photos of the accident scene, including the position of each vehicle, skid marks on the road, road debris, traffic lights and signage
- Photos of any vehicle damage or other types of personal property damage
- Photos of any injuries you or any passengers in your vehicle sustained
- Documentation regarding what the driver did and said following the collision
- Contact information from any eyewitnesses
After the accident, other helpful evidence can include:
- Statements from treating physicians
- Copies of your medical records and all medical bills
- Documentation from specialists such as occupational therapists and physical therapists
- Estimates for vehicle damage
- Bills for any modifications that were made to your home, including ramps, modifications to the entryways, shower, other doorways in the home
Statements from your employer, paystubs
- A copy of the accident report
Additionally, if you suffered injuries, keeping a daily journal can help your lawyer prove the severity of your injuries, including your demand for pain and suffering damages.
Keep detailed notes concerning how often you are in pain, pain level (1-10), and note how the injuries have impacted every aspect of your life including enjoyment of life, ability to carry out daily activities, ability to participate in activities, ability to work, drive, etc.
Your car accident attorney can help you obtain other relevant documentation and evidence that can be used to build a strong case and prove negligence.
What is the Minimum Car Insurance Required By Law in California?
In California, drivers are required by law to have minimum auto insurance coverage to legally operate a motor vehicle.
The minimum auto insurance requirements mandated by California law are as follows:
- $15,000 for injury or death to one person in an accident caused by the insured driver.
- $30,000 for injury or death to multiple people in an accident caused by the insured driver.
- $5,000 for property damage caused by the insured driver.
Liability insurance covers the costs associated with injuries, death, or property damage caused by the insured driver. These limits are commonly expressed as 15/30/5.
These minimum coverage amounts are required by law, and drivers may choose to purchase higher coverage levels to provide more financial protection in the event of an accident.
What Are the 5 Most Dangerous Areas for Drivers in Hesperia, CA?
Dangerous intersections, freeways, and highways in Hesperia, CA, include:
- Main Street and I Avenue intersection
- Bear Valley Road and Mariposa Road intersection
- Interstate 15 (I-15)
- Main Street and Eucalyptus Street intersection
- Main Street and Hesperia Road intersection
2021 Hesperia Auto Accident Statistics
- Fatal accident count:26
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 39
- Fatalities: 27
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 64
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 5
Contact Us Today
Choosing MVP Accident Attorneys to handle your car accident claim ensures that you have the support of a legal team with extensive experience and a deep understanding of personal injury law. Our car accident lawyers will fight tirelessly to protect your rights, hold negligent parties accountable, and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact MVP Accident Attorneys today to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law