Brett Sachs and his amazing personal injury team helped us through every step of the way.
No Recovery, No Fee Promise
Riverside Rideshare Accident Lawyer, CA
Every day, you’ll find dozens of rideshare drivers on the road. While the number of Lyft and Uber drivers continues to rise, so does the number of rideshare accidents. Determining fault and holding the right party or parties accountable can be very complex. Because of this, if you were involved in a rideshare accident, you must contact a Riverside rideshare accident attorney as soon as possible.
Riverside Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Rideshare transportation in Riverside is convenient for many passengers, but when you’re involved in an accident, whether you’re a rideshare passenger or driving your own vehicle, you’ll find that proving liability and knowing which parties should be held accountable for your damages can be very complex. Rideshare drivers are considered independent contractors and not actual employees of a rideshare company, making it difficult to know who to hold responsible for your losses.
Working with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer at MVP Accident Attorneys can significantly increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation for all of your accident-related expenses.
Who is Financially Responsible After a Lyft or Uber Accident?
When a motorist or passenger is involved in a rideshare accident, the insurance coverage will heavily depend on what the rideshare driver was doing at the time of the collision.
California has three levels of liability limits that will depend on whether:
- The rideshare driver was off duty and did not have a passenger in the vehicle
- The rideshare driver was on duty and on their way to pick up a passenger
- The rideshare driver was transporting a passenger
Both Lyft and Uber have their own insurance policies and also provide supplemental insurance coverage. Rideshare drivers have similar coverage.
With our legal services, you can enjoy peace and quiet as you focus on your recovery. We will begin an investigation right away to determine what phase the driver was in based on their app activity. We will also obtain the police report, insurance carrier information, photos, and video of the accident scene, and speak with experts who can help us uncover the truth and accurately value your claim.
So, how can your rideshare accident attorney determine who should be held responsible? This will take a thorough investigation that can require obtaining the rideshare driver’s phone records to see their app activity and driver status at the time of the crash.
- If the driver was offline and you were involved in an accident while driving your vehicle, a claim would be filed with the rideshare driver’s personal insurance.
- If the driver was waiting for a passenger or they were logged into the app and available, both the rideshare company and the rideshare driver’s insurance policies are active.
- If the driver was on their way to pick up a rideshare passenger, you would file a claim with the rideshare company’s insurance provider.
- If you were in the rideshare at the time of the collision, you will have the highest amount of insurance coverage available. Rideshare companies have a responsibility to ensure the safety of their passengers. If you were injured in an accident as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle due to the negligence of your driver, you would file a claim against Uber or Lyft’s insurance company.
- However, if you were injured in a rideshare accident that was caused by the negligence of another driver, you would likely file a claim with that motorist’s insurance company.
If you’re a rideshare driver and you were involved in an accident that was not your fault, you would file a claim against the other driver.
When you file an Uber or Lyft accident claim, the damages that you're entitled to will heavily depend on the unique factors of your Lyft rideshare accident. In many cases, accident victims are eligible to pursue damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Every rideshare accident is complex and unique. Without the help of an experienced Uber accident attorney in your corner, you may not know who to hold responsible for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other damages. You must file an accident claim as soon as possible to cover the cost of your losses. You deserve financial compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, and other damages. At our law office, you'll find the support, guidance, and legal experience you need to hold the negligent party responsible.
We Help Victims of Uber and Lyft Accidents in Riverside
At MVP Accident Attorneys, we can help you through this difficult time and investigate your case to ensure every liable party is held responsible for your losses. The sooner you contact our office to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers, the better your chances are of recovering the fair settlement you deserve. Contact our office today to learn more.
- Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Bicycle & Ebike Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Dog Bite Lawyer
- Riverside Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
- Riverside Wrongful Death Lawyer