Brett Sachs and his amazing personal injury team helped us through every step of the way.
No Recovery, No Fee Promise
Riverside Dog Bite Lawyer
A dog bite incident can be a traumatic experience, one that can cause significant pain and trauma. Whether you were bitten by a neighbor’s dog, a friend’s dog, or a dog that was loose in your neighborhood, you should contact a dog bite lawyer as soon as possible. Dog bites can cause severe injuries that can prevent you from returning to work, leaving you struggling to make ends meet as you continue to receive medical treatment.
A lawyer at MVP Accident Attorneys can help a bite victim file a claim and pursue compensation for accident-related damages. We understand how financially, physically, and emotionally devastating a dog attack can be. Our legal team has extensive experience handling dog bite cases in Riverside and the surrounding areas. We will provide the strong, compassionate, and knowledgeable legal services you need during this challenging time, and fight for your right to fair compensation.
Dog Bite Attorney in Riverside, CA-MVP Accident Attorneys
If you've been attacked by a dog, it's important to seek medical attention right away. Once you have received medical attention, you should contact an experienced dog bite attorney. They can help you understand your rights and figure out the best way to proceed.
Here are some ways a lawyer at MVP Accident Attorneys can help:
After a bite attack, a lawyer can gather important information about the dog that bit you, including its breed, vaccination records, and whether it has a history of aggression. This information can be crucial in determining who is at fault and how much compensation you may be entitled to.
Negotiate With the Dog Owner's Insurance Company
The dog owner’s insurance company may be responsible for paying your medical bills and other damages. After you file a personal injury claim, a personal injury attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to make sure you get the full amount you're entitled to.
File a Lawsuit
If the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, your lawyer may recommend filing a lawsuit. They can help you build a strong case and represent you in court.
Remember, a lawyer is there to protect your rights and ensure that you get the best possible outcome. If you've been involved in a dog bite incident in Riverside, don't hesitate to reach out for legal assistance.
What is a One Bite Rule, and does California Have One?
If someone gets bitten by a dog in California and sues because of it, they have to prove a few things in court.
- The person who owned the dog that bit them is responsible for the dog.
- The person was in a public place or on someone else's property legally when they were bitten.
- The person was hurt because of the bite.
- The dog was the main reason for the harm.
If the person who was bitten can prove all of these things, they might be able to obtain compensation to pay for their injuries.
Dog Bite Laws in California
California has what is called "strict liability" for dog bites. This means that the person who was bitten does not have to prove that the dog's owner was careless. If the person owns the dog and the dog bites someone, they are usually responsible for any harm caused, unless there are some exceptions. Some things that do not matter in a case like this are:
- If the dog has bitten someone before.
- If the owner tried to prevent the dog from biting someone.
- If the owner thought the dog might be dangerous.
The owner of the dog is responsible for bites from the moment they get the dog, unless:
- The person who was bitten was on the owner's property without permission.
- The person who was bitten made the dog bite them.
- The person who was bitten was working for the owner and got bitten by the owner's dog on the job.
- The person who was bitten was doing a paid service and got bitten.
Common Injuries Suffered By Dog Attack Victims
Some of the most common injuries a dog bite victim can sustain include:
- Broken bones/bone fractures
- Penetrative wounds
- Limb amputation
- Organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Bite wounds that require plastic surgery
- Emotional trauma
Financial Compensation in a Dog Bite Claim
If you were involved in a dog bite accident in California, you may be entitled to different types of compensation. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, and damages for your pain and suffering. A lawyer can help you negotiate with the insurance company to make sure you get maximum compensation.
Talk to Our Legal Team in Southern California About Dog Bite Injuries Today
If you were involved in a dog bite incident, you must act quickly. Contact an experienced lawyer at MVP Accident Attorneys today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We can go over your case to determine if you have a valid claim and advise you of your legal rights and options. If you decide to work with our legal team, we’ll begin investigating your case right away. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and let us help you obtain the settlement and justice you deserve.
- Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Bicycle & Ebike Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Dog Bite Lawyer
- Riverside Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
- Riverside Wrongful Death Lawyer