MVP Accident Attorneys is a leading personal injury law firm that specializes in representing folks who have been injured in car accidents. MVP Accident Attorneys, with a team of experienced attorneys, is committed to assisting their clients in recovering compensation for their injuries and losses.
An Overview of Los Altos, Long Beach
Located in eastern Long Beach, California, Los Altos is a desirable residential neighborhood known for its comfortable suburban living and family-friendly environment. With its well-maintained streets, strong sense of community, and convenient amenities, Los Altos attracts residents who value a peaceful and safe neighborhood.
The area is bounded by Clark Avenue to the west, Studebaker Road to the east, Interstate 405 and Willow Street to the north, and CSU Long Beach to the south. Los Altos is home to several schools, including William F. Prisk Elementary, Florence Bixby Elementary School, Minnie Gant Elementary School, Stanford Middle School, and Robert A. Millikan High School, providing excellent educational opportunities for families.
Key Attractions in Los Altos
- Whaley Park: Constructed in 2018, Whaley Park is a state-of-the-art park that serves as a recreational hub for the community. The park features sports fields, courts, a roller hockey rink, playgrounds, and picnic areas, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities and family gatherings.
- Los Altos Shopping Center: The Los Altos Shopping Center is a popular destination for residents, offering a variety of stores and services. Anchored by major department stores like Target and Sears, the shopping center also includes Trader Joe's, Lazy Acres grocery store, LA Fitness, and other local businesses. It provides convenient access to shopping and entertainment options for the neighborhood.
- Los Altos YMCA: The Los Altos YMCA is a community facility that offers a wide range of amenities and programs for individuals and families. It provides fitness classes, swimming pools, sports courts, and various youth programs, promoting a healthy and active lifestyle within the neighborhood.
- Los Altos Neighborhood Library: As a branch of the Long Beach Public Library, the Los Altos Neighborhood Library serves as a valuable resource for residents. It offers a diverse collection of books, hosts educational programs, and features an Information Center for People with Disabilities, ensuring inclusivity and accessibility for all.
- California State University Long Beach: Situated south of Los Altos, California State University Long Beach (CSULB) is a renowned educational institution that enriches the neighborhood's cultural and intellectual atmosphere. The university offers attractions such as the Walter Pyramid, Carpenter Performing Arts Center, and the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, providing opportunities for recreation and exploration.
Key Statistics about Los Altos
Housing: Approximately what percentage of residents in Los Altos own their homes?
In Los Altos, approximately 78% of residents own their homes, indicating a strong sense of stability and community.
Population: How many people reside in Los Altos?
Los Altos has a population of approximately 16,648 residents, contributing to its vibrant and diverse community.
Cost of Living: Is Los Altos an affordable neighborhood?
Los Altos’ cost of living is relatively higher compared to many neighborhoods in the state and the U.S. The median real estate price is $963,693, reflecting the desirability of the area.
Income Level: How does the income level in Los Altos compare to other neighborhoods?
Los Altos is considered a wealthier neighborhood, with a higher income level than most neighborhoods in America. The diverse occupational mix includes a significant number of residents employed in executive and professional occupations.
Frequently Asked Questions about Los Altos
Is Los Altos a safe neighborhood?
Los Altos is recognized as a safe and tight-knit community. Although specific safety and crime data are unavailable, the neighborhood's desirable living conditions contribute to a sense of security.
Are the schools in Los Altos highly rated?
Yes, the public schools in Los Altos are highly rated, providing quality education for residents. Schools such as William F. Prisk Elementary, Florence Bixby Elementary School, Minnie Gant Elementary School, Stanford Middle School, and Robert A. Millikan High School offer excellent educational opportunities.
What is the ethnic and economic diversity like in Los Altos?
Los Altos is known for its ethnic and economic diversity. The neighborhood attracts residents from various backgrounds, with a significant percentage of families with children. This diversity contributes to a vibrant and inclusive community.
What are the educational attainment levels in Los Altos?
The educational attainment of residents in Los Altos is higher than the national average. A notable proportion of residents hold bachelor's and master's degrees, reflecting the emphasis on education within the neighborhood.
Does Los Altos offer vibrant nightlife?
While the neighborhood itself may lack nightlife options, Los Altos benefits from its proximity to various attractions and entertainment areas in the larger city of Long Beach. Residents can easily access various nightlife options within a short distance.
With its comfortable suburban living, excellent schools, and convenient amenities, Los Altos offers an ideal environment for families. The neighborhood's key attractions, such as Whaley Park, the Los Altos Shopping Center, and the Los Altos YMCA, provide ample recreational opportunities for residents. With its high rate of homeownership, diverse population, and strong sense of community, Los Altos embodies the qualities that make it a sought-after place to live.
Whether it's the well-maintained streets, the welcoming atmosphere, or the proximity to California State University Long Beach, Los Altos has something to offer everyone. If you ever need legal representation due to a personal injury, remember that MVP Accident Attorneys is there to assist you with their expertise and commitment to client satisfaction.
Brett S. Sachs graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with Cum Laude Honors. While attending Michigan State, Brett was awarded for his service in the Michigan State University College of Law Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented prisoners of the Michigan Department of Corrections from injustices brought upon them. Learn more.
When You’ve Been Injured
Personal Injury Law